Iowa is a great place for filmmakers. In addition to the state's low production costs and easy-to-navigate logistics, the state-funded Greenlight Grants offer funding for homegrown Iowa film and digital media projects. Besides that, Iowa's communities and small businesses are eager to assist you with your next project. Here in Iowa, your bottom line might look better than you think.
Creatives may also apply for funding from state and national organizations.
- Academy of Motion Picture Arts & Sciences
- Catapult Film Fund
- Center for Asian American Media
- Ford Foundation
- HBO Access
- Humanities Iowa
- IFP: Independent Filmmaker Project
- International Documentary Association
- Iowa Arts Council
- ITVS: Independent Television Service
- NALIP: National Association of Latino Independent Producers
- National Endowment for the Arts
- National Endowment for the Humanities
- NYTVF: New York Television Festival
- PBS: Public Broadcasting Service
- Roy W. Dean Grants/From the Heart Productions
- Sundance Institute
- The Fledgling Fund
- Tribeca Film Institute
Do you have an Iowa story you think would be perfect for Iowa PBS? Fundraising is still the responsibility of the filmmaker but producers can submit completed video content or written proposals for potential statewide projects, co-productions and national distribution channels. Check out the Iowa PBS submission guidelines.