The State Archives of Iowa contains historic state government records that document Iowa history. The archives are organized by record groups that represent the structure and function of government — past and present. Documents held in the State Archives may be accessed by visiting the State Historical Research Center in Des Moines.
State Archives Indexes
The following are indexes to select holdings in the State Archives.
- Applications for Registration of Label, Trademark, et al
- GAR Post Numbers and Named Index
- GAR Membership Cards
- Governor's Criminal Correspondence
- Mining Fatalities Index
State Land Patents Issued
- Agricultural College Land Grant by Purchaser
- Des Moines River Grant
- Saline Land Grants by Purchaser
- University Land Grant by Purchaser